feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

End of Sourav's Dadagiri

So...
The title says it all. Sourav Ganguly has decided to retire after the Border-Gavaskar Series against Australia. The left handed batsman has been the most successful captain in the history of Indian Cricket. Here are his stats -

Test Career -

Matches - 109
Innings - 180
100/50 - 15/34
Runs - 6888
Average - 41.74
Highest - 239 vs Pakistan
Debut - vs England at Lords on
Jun 20-24, 1996

ODI Career -

Matches - 311
Runs - 11363
100/50 - 22/72
Average - 41.02
Highest - 183 vs Sri Lanka
Debut - vs West Indies at Brisbane on
Jan 11, 1992

His decision to quit really surprised me, though it was expected that this will happen very soon.
He announced his decision today at the press conference. Just when the conference was about to end he said "This is going to be my last series,I have decided to quit."


"I have told my team mates before coming here that this four-Test series would be my last. I thank everyone for the support they have given me. I hope I will end my career on a winning note," the former India captain added.

As far as I know the basic reason for this shocking decision was that he was already under a lot of pressure to perform well, and he couldn't handle it anymore. But life has to move on !

I wish all the very best luck to Dada for his future !!!

I will miss your superbly timed strokes through the off-side, sexy boundaries and Sixes, your aggressive captaincy and each and every way you contributed for Indian Cricket Team. Dada, You Rock !!!!



Rate this Delivery